Terms & Conditions
Colour Digital Print Ltd - Terms & Conditions
- Price Variation
- Estimates are based on the company's current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
- The company reserves the right to charge the amount of any taxes, value added tax, duties or royalties, etc, which are payable, whether or not included on the estimate or invoice. Except in the case of a customer who is not contracting in the course of a business nor holding himself out as doing so, the Company reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
- Supplied Copy & Discs
- A charge may be made to cover additional work involved where either the copy supplied is not clear and legible or the artwork, graphics and copy on supplied disks cannot be used. Where such work is required, a price will be given and agreed prior to the commencement of the additional work.
- The customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authority to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, etc. The customer will indemnify the company and his agents from any claim arising thereof.
- Preliminary Work
- All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer's request shall be charged.
- Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer's approval and the Company shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Customer's alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to the Company's judgement, charges there for made by the customer shall be charged extra.
- A charge may be made to cover any additional work involved where copy supplied is not clear and legible.
- Variations in Quantity
- Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered, but estimates are conditional upon margins of 5% for work in one colour only and 10% for other work being allowed for overs and shortage the same to be charged or deducted.
- Delivery & Payment
- (a) Delivery of work shall be accepted when tendered and thereupon, if earlier, on notification that the work has been completed, the ownership shall pass and payment shall become due.
(b) Unless otherwise specified the price quoted is for delivery of the work to the customer's address as set out in the estimate. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
(c) Should expedited delivery be agreed, an extra may be charged to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved.
(d) Should work be suspended at the request of, or delayed through, any default of the customer for a period of 30 days the Company shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
(e) Colour Digital Print can not accept responsibility for mis-direction or delivery failure should this occur. UPS terms and conditions apply to all deliverys which leave Colour Digital Print.
- Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to the Company within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to the Company within 20 days of delivery. The Company shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (a) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (b) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss to the customer arising from delay in transit not caused by the Company.
- Standing Material
- (a) Discs, opticals, syquests, artwork (bromide, film) and other materials owned by the Company and used by it in the production and origination of the whole shall remain its exclusive property. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer's property.
(b) Origination may be returned or deleted immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, rent may be charged.
- Materials Supplied by the Customer
- (a) The Company may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which appear to him to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by the Company in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
(b) Where materials are so supplied or specified, the Company will take every care to secure the best results, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of materials so supplied or specified.
(c) Quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage.
- Customer's Property
- (a) Except in the case of a customer who it not contracting in the course of a business nor holding himself out as doing so, customer's property and all property supplied to the Company by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of the Company or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer's risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure accordingly.
(b) The Company shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any customer's property left with the Company before receipt of the order or after notification to the customer of completion of the work.
- Illegal Matter
- (a) The Company shall not be required to print any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
(b) The Company shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, cost and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent, design or of any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material printed for the customer. The indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on a lawyer's advice in settlement of any claim.
- Periodical Publications
- A contract for the printing of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly for more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of other periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Nevertheless the Company may terminate any such forthwith should any sum due thereunder remain unpaid.
- If the customer ceases to pay his debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay his debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against him, the Company without prejudice to other remedies shall:
(a) Have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to him, and
(b) In respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in his possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days' notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
- Force Majeure
- The Company shall be under no liability if he shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or futherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to the Company elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
- Machine Readable Codes
- (a) In the case of machine readable codes or symbols the Company shall print the same as specified or approved by the customer in accordance with generally accepted standards and procedures.
(b) The customer shall be responsible for satisfying himself that the code or symbol will read correctly on the equipment likely to be used by those for whom the code or symbol is intended.
(c) The customer shall indemnify the Company against any claim by any party resulting from the code of symbol not reading or not reading correctly for any reason, except to the extent that such claim arises from any failure of the Company to comply with paragraph (a) above which is not attributable to error falling within the tolerances generally accepted in the trade in relation to the printing of this sort.
- Where ever possible we will provide you with a proof of your job prior to running the final output. We use proofs to double check there are no glitches during transit and through the rip process - You are responsible for all colour and content if you decide to receive a proof. Where ever possible your proof will be as best a representation of your final print job, however due to different printing processes and the consumable status of our machinery your final print may slightly differ from the supplied proof.
If you decide to bypass the proofing stage for whatever reason, Colour Digital Print Ltd can not be held responsible for any colour or content issues arising from doing so.
- These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- Money Back Guarantee
The following restrictions apply to printed products which specifically state they are covered by our full satisfaction money back guarantee. Please read the following terms and conditions before making your purchase. Non-adherence to these conditions will void the guarantee.
To qualify, all money back guarantee orders must be placed online using the website and paid for in full. Proofing option must be selected and adhered to. Offer only open to retail customers and not trade or account customers. Money back guarantee code must be used at the shopping cart stage. Not to be used with any other promotion code.
All printing orders must be returned in full and any problems reported back to us within five days of receiving the printed product.
All money back guarantees offered by Colour Digital Print Ltd are subject to a maximum period of five days from your order being delivered. No refund claims outside of this period will be considered;
The original product packaging (box, bottle, tube, etc.), including any remaining product, must be returned to us in full at your own expense if you are not entirely satisfied. We will inspect the returned items to check they are within acceptable quality and tolerance guidelines as this is also required to substantiate your claim against the guarantee scheme.
We offer the money back guarantee at our cost in goodwill and fully expect our customers to take the time to provide us with the necessary feedback if claiming against the guarantee.
We reserve the right to forfeit the guarantee if we suspect any abuse of our money back guarantee offer.
- Payments & Billing
Your order is processed securely using SAGEPAY.com servers. You are redirected to their servers when completing the checkout process on our store. The accepted card payment methods are Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron and Master Cards Payments. Please note we do not accept American Express Card Payments. You are also able to purchase using invoice payment method, where an invoice will be raised for payment. We can accept the following card payments over the telephone - Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron and Master Cards Payments - Invoiced payments are also payable by BACS transfer directly. If you wish to pay us by this method please contact us.
- Refund Policy
As your placed order is bespoke and manufactured as per your order requirements we do not offer a refund on products that you feel are inadequate in qaulity however we will look to rectify or replace the products to your statisfaction. In the case of poor quality images an alternative product may be recommended.
('The Company' means Colour Digital Print Ltd)